The Tennessee Tech University's College of Engineering aspires to be a globally renowned Center of Excellence in engineering education, research, and innovation, producing graduates who can solve complex global challenges and drive economic growth. We are committed to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, creativity, and critical thinking that promotes lifelong learning. Through our commitment to excellence and innovation, we aim to make a lasting and meaningful impact on society.Why We're In KEEN
Becoming a KEEN partner is a great way for Tech to enhance the quality of its engineering programs and promote a culture of innovation, curiosity, connection, and value-creation among students and faculty.
Collaboration with other universities and faculty within the KEEN network provides opportunities for developing innovative teaching methodologies, emphasizing hands-on, experiential learning, design thinking, and an entrepreneurial mindset. This approach allows our students to gain practical experience and problem-solving skills to help them thrive professionally.Mission
Our mission is to provide students with a comprehensive and rigorous education that equips them with the tools they need to become successful professionals and leaders in their fields.
We are dedicated to conducting groundbreaking research that contributes to the advancement of knowledge in engineering and related fields. We are committed to fostering innovation and entrepreneurship, providing our students and faculty with opportunities to develop new technologies and translate research into real-world solutions.Core Principles
- Academic Excellence — We expect and achieve high academic standards among our students, foster collaboration, exemplify integrity, and inspire creativity and self-actualization for the entire campus community.
- Community Engagement — We collaborate with community members and organizations to advance positive societal and economic needs.
- Meaningful Innovation — We are purposefully innovative in all we do.
- Student Success — We empower students to realize their potential, craft individualized experiences, and discover their passion.
- Supportive Environment — We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming community and atmosphere that fosters personal attention to students and their well-being.
- Value Creation — We provide a high return on investment from our state, tuition, and donor resources and foster students who will become productive, responsible, and meaningful contributors to society.
Our goal is to make a lasting and meaningful impact on society through our commitment to excellence and innovation. We are proud to be part of the TTU community and look forward to continuing to serve our students, faculty, staff, and community with dedication and excellence.
Tech is renowned for graduating engineers who solve some of society’s most pressing problems, such as building better environments, addressing cybersecurity challenges, and ensuring a sustainable future. By cultivating the KEEN entrepreneurial mindset (EM) in our students, we empower them to continue their impact on society. We are deeply committed to providing our students with entrepreneurial experiences and resources to help them become successful engineers, from design challenges and innovation competitions to mentorship and networking opportunities. Our partnership with KEEN is vital to that.